Monday, November 10, 2014

The Little Engine that Could

I. Feel. So. Draaaaaaaaaaained. Not in a bad way. We have just been working so stinking hard it's insane. We found a ton of new investigators this week, and taught soooooooo many lessons. But it's one thing to find a lot of people, and another to actually figure out how to help each one progress to be baptized. The struggle is real.
 
I thought of something fun for you all. In the next week we are going to get our next book of mormon reading assignment, and I thought it could be fun if you all did it with me! Well, those who want to. What we do is get a new cheap copy of the Book of Mormon, a blank one, and then with different colors we mark different themes throughout the book, and we read it in three and a half months. Like, maybe all the way through we would mark with yellow the gift of discernment, and green about listening to the spirit. I'll tell you next week or so what the themes are. I promise you will all love it!
 
Fam... we found a family of 12 people this week. PLEASE pray for them that they can all love the gospel. They are an amazing group of people. I am praying that we will be able to teach such a huge family well according to each of their individual needs. It will be hard, especially because my companion is going home!!!!!!!!!:(:(:( PRAY for me!!!!!!!!!
 
I was feeling completely overwhelmed the other day, and when my comp asked me if I was ok I explained to her that I felt like Harry Potter when all the ghosty things are sucking out all his energy. That's how I feel at the end of the day sometimes. Drained. BUT! I am doing good, and all I have to do is think of my happy place haha. I read this talk by President Monson the other day, and I LOVED this poem. It describes exactly how I feel.
 
Good timber does not grow with ease, 
The stronger the wind, the stronger the trees.
The further sky, the greater length,
The more storm, the more strength.
By sun and cold, by rain and snow,
In trees and men good timbers grow.
 
I just think I need a little more faith. Our ward mission leader is awesome, and told me about the little engine that could, yesterday. 'I think I can I think I can.' 
 
Some days I just have no idea what the Lord will ask me to do. I feel like a little majic ball of the spirit that walks around Reñaca, taling to everone I can to tell them how great it is.
 
I feel like I'm living in New York 1820. So many religions, so many STRONG religions. I pray ever day that I can do what the Lord wants me to. I just always remember what Elder Bednar told us, 'who you are will always be more important than what you could say.' Im glad to have become a person that is at least worthy to have the spirit with me, and I hope that will be enough as I keep working as hard as I can.
 
I love my district, and I am so sad that my district leader, one of my zone leaders, and my companion will be leaving this transfer. From where I'm sitting it looks like I'll stay here one more transfer to train a newbie. Not just a newbie in the area... a newbie greenie. 
 
PRAY. That my little engine can.
 
Love you all so very much. 
 
Everyone should read 'The first great commandment' by elder holland
 
xoxoxoxo
To the moon (or Chile) and back.
Hermana Coray


No comments:

Post a Comment