Wednesday, February 25, 2015

We had some really great visits! And visitors...., February 23, 2015

This will probably be disconnected like always...

Sergio is amazing - even though he still hasn't recieved a testimony of the Book of Mormon, he told us that he wants us to know we're not wasting our time with him, and he really does want to discover if it's true. Pray for him to feel like reading and praying!

Ivonne - I love her so much. Us three are going to have fun in San Francisco today. (not San Francisco California... obviously). Seh cried when we taught the law of chastity because she wants to get married so badly. YAY Spirit! I hope that Juan Pable will start being a little receptive to the gospel too. Pray for their marriage papers!

We did so many great things this week. Like with our huge weekly FHE, and this cute little recent convert named Alma! Alma means soul in spanish.... We went their to see her grandparents who are getting ready to be sealed in the temple, and Alma isn't ever very happy to listen to the missionaries, but when we cam in the house I saw Alma sitting there on her computer, and I asked her if I could show her a video on youtube. (sneaky way to catch her attention haha). We watched a cute video about temples and then it aaaaaaaaaall came spilling out that she has so many questions about the plan of salvation, and it was such a great opportunity to help her learn and grow! always knew I was a weeve for something.... Happy day for little promptings, because then she asked us to come back and have a FHE with the family! We had a great little FHE a couple of days later, and it was so cute. I love tiny little whisperings of the Spirit. Even being a missionary there's doubtful thoughts like 'she never wants to talk to us, if you talk to her she'll just get irritated and go to her room.' BUT! Then the Spirit comes in with 'but she likes youtube! and she already has her computer out!' And it worked! 

Also, it was super hot one night, so we had all the windows open. It's safe because there's bars on all of them, but some of our neighbors were frolicking amuck in the street, which made it hard to sleep, so I closed our bedroom door to not here them. Anyways.... when we woke up, I opened the bedroom door, and my worst nightmare was sitting there staring at me! There was a CAT IN OUR HOUSE! I screamed and slammed the door because it ran towards me, and I think that scared it because when I made Hna. Stahly go out and see where it was, it was gone. It was terrifying haha.

Also, there was a moth the size of a mouse in our bathroom.... I almost died hahahahaha

Happy 9 months to princess Taylee this week!

I am so grateful to have the gospel. The Lord makes it clearer every day! It's like this part of his talk from President Bednar:

The Savior has told us in our day, “That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day.”13
The more we incline our hearts and minds toward God, the more heavenly light distills upon our souls. And each time we willingly and earnestly seek that light, we indicate to God our readiness to receive more light. Gradually, things that before seemed hazy, dark, and remote become clear, bright, and familiar to us.
We had two tiny earthquakes this week... kind of old news now. I'm used to them.
There is the big '40 hour Virgin' festival going on for the Catholic Church this week, so that makes things a little crazy. I don't even understand what it is, but I'm glad people have the right to believe whatever they want. 
Love you all soooooooooooooooooooo much! I am doing great, my awesome comp is doing great, and the gospel is true. I love to be a missionary!
Love Hermana Coray
Sara and Sister Stahley

Grape vines!

I found these pictures just to add illustrations to Sara's cat attack story!

No comments:

Post a Comment