Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Your Four Minutes, February 16, 2015

Ok, I am not in a trio. That is an Hermana that was taking us to the train station haha.

This week my companion and I read part of the talk 'your four minutes,' and oh my goodness... it is wonderful. It went right along with the theme of our zone conference we had this week, having real intent. You ALL have to watch the Young Adult Broadcast. It was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our time as missionaries an din general is the most limited resource we have, and we shouldn't spend it getting the Lord's thigs done as fast as we can to be able to do whatever WE want to do. Wrong.

Real intent is doing the right things for all the right reasons. Elder Ridd gave 'the parable of the oranges' and it made so much sense!

One thing I hear repeated so much is 'I respect all religions and beliefs (good) and there's only one God (good again) so we're all going to arrive in the same place (WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). HE is the way, and there is only ONE way to do it. By wanting to be obedient. We can't love God without loving His commandments.

God is good. 
Alma 34

Me and my AMAZING companion, Hermana Stahly (stay-lee) from Kansas are doing fantastic! We have found some amazingly prepared people. We're still working with Sergio, Ivonne and Juan Pablo, and this week we found an amazing new investigator, Margarita. She is extremely sincere, and we hope we can teach her nice boyfriend and little boy too! We have a lot of great people we are teaching, but there's just too many to name.

The biggest miravle of this week was.... drumroll... 42 MORE PEOPLE came to church than last week. There is usually about 100 that come, but if we keep this up we can become a new stake in CHILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even nkow what happened. This whole force of working well as a ward council is bringing forth good fruits. Not a single one of our investigators came "BUT! Am I upset?! NO!...well... a little..." haha

But two cam eto uor WONDERFUL FHE we had last night in the ward mission leader's house. It was so great! There were 25 people of new converts, less-actives, and investigators with ward missionaries too. It was great, and about service. 

I love my area. I love when it's so hot and hard to find people because it makes me humble and patient. We are in the Alma chapters in the reading of the Book of Mormon with alma, Amulek, and the sons of Mosiah, and it is so great to see the trials and triumphs. 

It's like Aunt Lacey said, missionary work is the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. BUT i have also realized that even the lowest lows are blessings in disguise. The Lord provides. Like yesterday when my companion was hungry, but an old lady's blood sugar was really low, so she gave her her granola bar, and a little bit later someone gave us a bag of homemade bread. Please.... the Lord is mindful of us.

There is so much great stuff! Now I understand why the scriptures say 'and we cannot write a hundreth part,' because I'll jsut have to tell you all about it someday!

Thank you for being my forever family!

Favorite scripture of the week:
"for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo.' Alma 26:36 

That's misisonary work!

I love you so much! I hope you all had a happy Valentine's day! My package didn't get here, but I'm sure it will soon:) All the other ones have made it ok:) 

Have a great week!

Be missionaries!

Love
Hermana Coray

Family home evening at the ward mission leader's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment