Monday, April 20, 2015

That one time when I was a missionary, and all the conference talks were about marriage... #waitforme April 6, 2015

Oh my goodness... so if those men aren't prophets, I don't know who else you could expect to be one. I loooooooooooooove general conference! And it's ok that it was all about marriage... haha.... we need to help more people get married and sealed! I am so glad we have found some couples to teach:) 
Elder Holland's story about the two brothers... I cried because I thought of Steven and Jared about to take a little tumble off the cliff.... I cried even more than I imagine that mom did. 
 
All of conference... I don't think there's ever been a conference that I loved EVERY talk sooooooooooo much. I learned so much about the Atonement, and I honestly really needed that. 
 
The whole sticker chart thing lasted about a week... hahaha. But we're still happy as can be! Haha the other day I started dancing down the street singing (down the trail I'm coming, with a basket full of fun, and everybody's doin the easter hop, hop, hop!' and Hermna Stahly almost died. hahahaha I crack myself up. 
 
Athough they don't hunt eggs here, they do something that's called 'a coin for Judas.' Let me explain.... like four little kids get together and make a dummy in a wheelchair, and that's supposed to be Judas. Like Judas Iscariot. Then they stand out on the sidewalk wheeling him around, asking for coins. And then, after easter, they burn the dummy. Not exactly like coloring eggs.... but they seem to be enjoying themselves. 
 
These are a few of my favorite things from conference:
A saint is a sinner who keeps trying
´twas I, but ´tisn´t I (mostly because it sounds like us girls when we talk in our 'Inny' voices)
you're not so much in the dark as you think
President Uchtdorf about the Atonement.... I almost died of loving it so much
Lightning in a summer storm (that sounds so pretty)
 
I love you all soooooooooooooooo much. It's ridiculous. I am too blessed. And I am too blessed to be a misisonary. It is the best thing I have ever done. And the hardest. I never believed that when I heard people say it. I thought 'you must not have done much.' but that's not true! It is WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
 
I love that we are teaching two different couples right now that are in the process of planning to get married. Yay for helping families!
 
And we found these two cute sisters yesterday that are 9 and 17, and so amazing! They live close to the church, and we love tem so much already. 
 
Please listen to and study conference over again. There is nothing better. Remember that Jesus loves you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
 
Im not ashamed of who I used to be, because I am a different person today. I am so grateful fo rthat enabling power of the Atonement to chage the very person that I am. 
 
We started a new reading of the Book of Mormon. That will be the fifth time I've read it in one year! Yay! I promise it's true, because no other book could be interesting enough to read five times in one year. But I learn the gospel all over again every time. 
 
We have a zone meeting this week! So that will be fun!
Happy Easter! 
'Oh sweet, the joy this sentence gives: 'I know that my Redeemer lives!''
xoxoxoxoxo and a bunch of easter chocolate
Love, Hermana Coray

No comments:

Post a Comment