Monday, April 20, 2015

Alice april 13,2015

You know that weird little song, "Alice, where are you going? Upstairs, to take a bath." Well, there's a less-active member in our ward who makes us teach it to his little girl, and they think it's hilarious.
 
I was remembering a part of conference this morning where one of the Seventy used teh example of Alice in Wonderland
 
"could you please tell me which way I ought to go?"
"that depends a great deal on where you'd like to get to"
"oh, I don't really care much where"
"then it doesn't really matter which way you go"
 
There are so many people who just don't know where to go... I am so glad that I do. We were sitting on the metro the other day, and I thought about if all the passengers on the metro was a big load of people going off to the final judgement. I don't know if this will make sense, but I thought of those who really know who they are, and who know the gospel. And if it were the "salvation metro," my companion and I would be fine, and the other hundreds of people could basically just go racing off the tracks and take a tumble. How sad. I want these people to understand. Sharing the gospel is easy, but helping people see that it's what they want, and not just what I want is another story. 
 
I start over analyzing and wondering, and wish I knew how I could help people more. I wish more people wanted to keep the commandments and be happy. It's hard to watch my brothers and sisters be confused. 
 
We have found a couple of new people, but it isn't coincidence (obviously) that all of conference was abbout marriage. No one is married....
 
I am so grateful for the understanding and vision I have of life. It's easy to say that... but then when things get rought I know I start thinking 'what am I doing wrong? What are all the other missionaries doing that I'm not doing? why won't people just get it? Don't they see that this is the best thing there is? Maybe I'm not saying it right... if I were just more spiritual, maybe they would all come running to the chapel.'
 
But... I wish I were a little quicker to realize in my mind where all those thoughts come from. I just want to do all the right things. 
 
I am so glad to be a missionary. We had such a cute little testimony from a young woman in our ward yesterday about how excited whe is to be a missionary in less than a year, and she just can't wait ot finish high school to be able to leave. It reminded me of how important this calling is. I love to be a missionary. It is the hardest thing ever, but I learn so much. I am so glad that the Lord is turning me into me. And I'm glad that can be something even better every day. 
 
We had a black out in Limache this week... that was kind of scary. #don'tforgetyourflashlight. and then there was a huge fire in the field in front of our house. Adventures!
 
I'm excited for interviews tomorrow! I love them! And also, our zone meeting was so great this week. The president had the leaders remeind us of the importance of 'let virtue garnish thy thoughts,' and I know that there are many things we can do to make that happen. And even though it's far away right now, I know that we can make better decisions in our choice of books, music, and movies. 

I love you all so much! Happy Spring! It is getting cooler here, and that is soooooooooo wonderful:) 
Stay happy:) And never forget how much I love you!
xoxo
Love, Hermana Coray

No comments:

Post a Comment