Tuesday, September 15, 2015

September 7, 2015



Ok so Elder Isabel, the missionary from Xalapa, Mexico that is (was) in my district, is going home this week. Like tomorrow. Soooooooooooooo, he will be down around there looking out for Steven to come through. I feel better already. 

The cost of postage went up so much in chile that I just sent the package I made for Steven with Sister Burwasser. She's from New Jersey, and will just send it to the house when she gets there. She's so great. It should get there just in time:) Mom and dad, she has your names and numbers so you can communicate if necessary:) Steve, get ready.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh so there is the sweetest boy in this ward, Felipe, that doesn't have any family support, but he is trying to get it together to be able to go on a mission in less than a year. He is so darling, and tries so hard to do all the right things. We are really trying to help him feel the missionary spirit, so he's coming to the big FHE we're having at Valeska's house with Omar, Manuel, Valeska's cousins, and now, Felipe. He just reminds me of a Chilean Steven, but without all the love and help that we have in our family. He set some good goals for himself, and the whole ward is working together to try to help him. Yesterday he told us, "sisters, thanks for coming over. I feel special when you come, and it helps me see a clearer picture for my life." I almost died, and almost cried at the same time. 

This month my focus is obedience. See Preach My Gospel chapter 6 haha. I like focusing on that. Obedience has never been a hard thing for me to understand or apply. I like being obedient. It makes me happy. So this month is basically focusing on all the details and really trying my hardest, because there is always SOMETHING to improve. A lot actually....

We had the conference with Elder Viñas, and Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it was amazing. I loooooooooooooooooooooved how much he spoke about the Atonement. He just gave me so much hope for the world in general. And for myself. He also talked about the importance of being "a man of your word." When you say you're going to do somehting, DO IT! That's the only reason we had faith in the pre earth life to come here. We believed Him when He said He would bring us back. And then He did it. So we have to help others build confidence in us too. He said, "that means if you start studying something, finish it!" so basically there was my answer I was waiting for. 

If there are any gift requests... let me know. I have a couple of ideas. Traditional things. Things you wouldn't see other places. :D

I love you all so much! After Adri's awful feelings about going to ISU, and thenthis conference with Elder Viñas, I have decided to go to BYU. He. he. he. 

Transfers are this week. I am so nervous! I don't want Hna. Hamilton to leave! But we'll see what happens with her knee. 

xoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment