Monday, August 25, 2014

Took a Little Tumble off the Cliff

First of all, everything is fine. Second of all, I cant believe no one heard about a stinking 7 point something earthquake in the city where your daughter, sister, friend, etc. is serving.

But yes, we had a huge earthquake, and it felt a little bit like that part on Sword in the Stone where Merlin's tower is rocking all over the place, because we were at the top of the Reñaca hill, having a lesson with an investigator, and everything just started to shake (obviously). You guys didn't even have to be there! Watch that part of Sword in the Stone and you will have the clearest image possible haha. My companion started freaking out, because she's kind of dramatic (I realize that's the pot calling the kettle black, but it's true). And I was just really calm. It reminded me of tornadoes in Illinois. So I was just trying to calm down my companion... didnt really work... but whatever. And after that we just finished our lesson and stepped out into the torrential rain storm. The hill was pretty much a mudslide, so we just went as quick as we could to a member's house, where we experienced yet another earthquake. But it was really cool. It was kind of like... yes, we may possibly die right here in this little rickity shack on the side of this hill, but worrying isn't going to make it better. So I just sat and waited haha. And prayed out loud. There were a few more little earthquakes during the night too. 

It's very reassurring to know that you guys have actually no way of knowing if there has been some sort of disaster... so that's nice to know... not. 

But we had another baptism yesterday! Diana is so wonderful:) It was so beautiful. Latinos can't sing, and so they think my voice is amazing, so once again I was the musical number... how fantastic. We are trying very hard to help Bryan and Jenny realize the changes they need to make in their lives in order to be baptized. They know all the lessons forward and back... they can pretty much teach us. But it is hard for them to realize that they actually have to apply the stuff the Spirit is teaching them. 

Oh, if you want to know what it is like to scale the Reñaca hill up and down all day in mud, watch the other part of Sword in the Stone where the poor little wolf is about die from chasing after Arthur. Once again, you didn't even have to be there. Now you can all now. 

My companion left, so Im working back and forth with another sister between our two areas, and Wednesday I will have my new companion! 

I absolutely love to study my scriptures, like always, and it is getting easier little by VERY little to understand this language they pretend is Spanish. 

I am a little worried about staying here to work without my other companion, because she had been here for 9 months, and so all the members absolutely loved her, and I just hope that stays when Im here with someone else. But that's the normal missionary life I guess. Everything will be good. 

I love you all so much! 

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Sister Coray
p.s. I watched a dog get pummled by a car. I cried, even though I have decided I am never owning a dog for the rest of my life. Ever. Or a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment