Friday, October 10, 2014

The Things They Can't Ask For, September 29, 2014

So Humberto's baptism and confirmation were wonderful! They are such a cute little family, and yesterday he showed up at church with a suit and tie and everything. They are an amazing family that will go to the temple. ONE YEAR! Also, We have Emmanuel that was a miracle these past two weeks. He was just a contact that has been coming to church for two weeks now. The day we found him walking in the street, he told one of our members he was in a very very very sad place, and because we talked to him he came to church. He came to church before the bishop even got there yesterday. He will be baptized in two weeks it looks like! We have also seen so many miracles in our ward. People are starting to really try to do home and visiting teaching, and are realizing slowly (baby baby steps) that it takes everyone's effort. We had so many people at church (for Chile) that it was amazing. So thank you for your prayers. They work, in case you were wondering.

Also, thank you Adri for giving me a lot of practice with love bites. I got bit by a dog for the first time this week, but it's teeth didn't even break the first layer of skin. Gotta love the armor of angels that I've got. In my long list of bodily afflictions in my life, there is another thing I can check off my list. (It's like another little thing you can check off your list! Check! Life as we know it). 
 
My toes... I told the doctor to do both sides of both toes... did he listen? Of course not. It looks like we might have to do the other side of both nails. Im not worried. The sides he fixed are doing great. I just wish we would have done it all at once. Pray that he won't play pattycake with his needle and my foot this time.
 
But, more than anything I learned this week that the most important things we can do to serve people are the things they can't ask for. Like a nice written note, or saying I love you, or texting them to go with you to eat ice cream, or go to church, or an activity, or spending time with them. There is so much that we can do for others, even when we don't know exactly what they need. It's always the little things they can't ask for that they need the most.

Love you so much!

I also used the My Big Fat Greek Wedding quote about the head and the neck with a less active member this week to help her learn that she could help encourage her husband to come back to church. Hahaha. Movie quotes people... they-re important. 
Love you All!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liv, just remember that Ben took ME to Senior Prom. hahahaha. One Tree Hill replay!!!!!!!!!!
Em, I am praying for you and love you so much. Everything will be ok!
 
Peach and blessings
Sister Coray

pictures:



Lisbet, their daughter with the CTR right I gave her:)
Us with Humberto
The bishop and his family
Lots of peeps

No comments:

Post a Comment