Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Emotions in extreme opposite directions, December 1, 2014

Here is a piece of the dialogue Sara and I shared this week:
Mom to Sara:  I'm glad you are where you are and doing what you are doing.  I didn't realize how torn I would feel to actually be sharing you with other people, I feel so happy and miss you all at the same time. It's a weird phenomenon to feel so torn in two extreme emotions opposite directions.  It's a good feeling that is character building.  I know you are doing the Lord's work and that this really is His true church on the earth.  I can feel the urgency for the kingdom to grow in these last days. I see two ways it has to happen, caring for those around us, our families and friends and neighbors, and missionary work.  So I pray for you to go "do your thing" everyday.  Help those people feel the Spirit so they will know how much the Lord loves them.

Sara's reply: thanks mommy. I love you so so much. I am so proud of our family. I thought a lot about how much of an influence we can have on our extended family, and I have great plans for when Amanda and I get home. The blessings from our missions will never stop growing. What we see right now is only the tip of the iceberg. I understand the opposite emotion thing... this week was so hard mom. So hard. I do a pretty good job of remembering how much the Lord loves the other people, but sometimes I forget how much He loves ME. I'm a part of the process too. He wants me to change too. And I know that even when other people seem to not be changing... I AM. And those changes will bless many more people for the rest of my life, because we never stop being missionaries right? I love you so much. I am doing well:) there's just some of those days. But it's how I grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment