Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Thankful I Didn't Get What I Thought That I Deserved, January 12, 2015

You will all be happy to know that Hna. Pau'u and I have a herd of cows in  Limache (lee-ma-ch-eh).... like twenty five of them. I didn't have my camera with me that day because we went to a part where we shouldn't go with cameras, but Ill take a picture a different day haha.

Well, yesterday I thought about my life for a minute. And honestly, I can't remember how I got here. I have felt a few times in my life like the Lord was taking away the things I wanted the most. I won't write it all out because that would be pointless. But seriously, I just can't believe that I am here some days. That the Lord loves me enough to give me so many chances to come here. 

I love seeing little miracles, like when someone actually READS the Book of Mormon, or shows up to church, or how this week we put two baptismal dates with a couple who can finally get married and baptized in two weeks! Ivon and Eduardo! After more than a year of knowing about the gospel. Seeing converts that become relief society presidents, or this one boy who has been a member for like three months, and now he is bringing other friends to church like his friend did with him, and now he (Ignacio is his name) is getting ready to go on a mission! And yesterday night we were walking on our way home, and a member told us to come over tommorow to meet the new investigator he found for us! Ahhhhhhhhhhh. If I had a dime for every time I've heard someone say that Id be really poor hahaha. I was so happy!

We had a three hour ward conference the other day to put in a ton of efforts to do the new 'baptize, retain, and reactivate' thing that they are doing in all of South America to help the church members be strong here. We teach new people, converts, and less actives every day, and always try to include the members, and it is really awesome. We have a plan! It's still a process, but at least we have a goal and a way to achieve it.

I thank my Heavely Father I didn't get what I thought that I deserved, and that He is so loving to me that He has given me something better. And there is a lot more to come. 

I bear testimony of a loving Heavenly Father who expects us to keep the commandments so we can be happy. There isn't a better way. Listen to the Spirit. He is always there, but we have to be still and quiet to hear the still and quiet voice. Make a listening in your heart. That's what got me here. I have never regretted letting anything go that the Lord told me to let go. And the best part is, He actually never takes anything away. He just changes things out for something better. 

I love you all. I love the Lord. I feel Him so close, even with the hot sun on a fast Sunday when I have to go to the bathroom. haha. I know He is taking care of me, and it's like my Mission President told me a couple of weeks ago in interviews. 'Hermana Coray, He is watching you.'

I also got to steal a moment with the President today when we had to go to the mission office for my Chile ID stuff, and I am so grateful for faithful servants of the Lord. I am excited for zone meeting this week and Interviews next week! It will be fun!


Have a great week!

Love Hermana Coray

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Funny thing... yesterday i had the hicups forever, and my companion said ' hermana! you have a moth in your hair!' I freaked out and she just laughed, she has obviously learned how much i hate moths... haha. the hic ups went away

No comments:

Post a Comment