Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Must Be Doing Something Right January 26, 2015

I honestly don't know what to say this week...  so I'll just try.
 
First of all, I cannot thank everyone enough for taking care of my sweet and amazing best friend, Emily. There really aren't words to describe the happiness and gratitude I feel. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........... I'm dying.
 
Second, Congrats to the recent wedding announcements! So happy for those of you who have recently gotten engaged or married! I love getting your announcements (thanks a lot for not sending one, Liv. haha)  And I am so happy for all of you! Good job. Marriage, it's important.
 
Steve, way to be a good example to your friends. It's showing and it's helping them. 
 
Interviews were absolutely wonderful this week. I am so grateful to be led and instructed by someone who is called and instructed from the Lord. President Kähnlein is an inspiration to me, and it was a wonderful opportunity to recieve a blessing from him as well. I know how mindful the Lord is of me. 
 
A little sad this week that our cute little couple isn't feeling ready to be baptized yet, so we will keep working with them. They are such wonderful people. 
 
I feel so blessed to be a missionary. I am so glad you are all being blessed as well. It makes me think that I've got to be doing SOMETHING right. But there's a whole lot to improve. I know I can be a better servant of the Lord. I read Mark 10 this week where the young man comes to ask what more he can do to inherit eternal life. Initially, the Lord responds with several commandments, but once the obedience test is over, the Lord sees where his desires really are. The man was obedient, but that wasn't enough to help him learn to love Christ and follow after Him. I need to pick up my cross a little more. 
 
We are really trying to find families to be united in the gospel. A husband and wife that can support each other and their children. We are really trying to help part member families and less-actives because that is one of the best way to find people who already have a bit of a background in the spirit of the gospel. There is nothing that can make us happier. NOTHING!
 
The ward gave us some references of part-member families who would be receptive, and we are really going to try and help them come to understand how the gospel works. It is so extremely simple. 
 
Also, I think we should eliminate the phrase 'I'm busy' from our conversations in general. No, you're not busy, you just want to keep doing what you're doing. What does CHRIST want you to do right now?
 
I got my Chilean ID today! I like riding on the metro from my area to go to Viña, because there are always such talented people playing music on the way. It makes my day:) 
 
I have loved focusing on FAITH for all of JANUARY, and I have learned how closely related faith and obedience are. And also that happiness really is a choice, just like getting mad, being lazy, learning, waking up no time, being kind, and getting baptized are all choices. We never have the excuse to say that someone else has offended us. 'Well, if you don't want to be offended by someone, don't take offense.' I try to tell people that a little more gently though haha. 
 
I love you all! Pray for me and Hermana Pau'u to find some covenant people this week! People who want to choose to be chosen!
 
And here is my favorite scripture of  the week.   I do, GLORY IN MY JESUS, 2 Nephi 33:6
 
 I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell.
 I have charity for my people, and great faith in Christ that I shall meet many souls spotless at his judgment-seat.
Love, Hermana Coray

No comments:

Post a Comment