Monday, June 22, 2015

Guys, I want a castle, May 18, 2015

We were walking around the other day, trying to find references, and we were just kind of thinking hard and searching through our planners, and Hna. Cubas goes 'ah! Hermana! Wanna visit someone id a castle?!' hahahaha. I was so excited.We couldn't find it, but now we have a good idea of where it is, so hopefully tomorrow we can find it pretty quick. 'I could get used to this... guys, I want a castle.'

Also, we found a little Waking Ned Divine roadside calling booth. I started laughing so hard when I saw it, and I made hna Cubas take a picture. It was pretty funny trying to explain to her why it was so funny. 

She has also had to get used to my stretching... We were getting ready for bed, and I was curled up in some sort of stretch on the floor writing in my journal, and she walks in and goes, 'Hermana! I didn't even see you there! Has your family ever stepped on you before?!' 

This week we have been asking for referrals from EVERYONE, and then after we're done asking we ask again... the search is on. We did teach this cutest little boy who's mom is a returned missionary, and he is so cute! He's 9 years old, and he reminds me so much of Jared when he was little. 

The best thing of this week happened last night when we were feeling like we were out of people to visit, and none of our appointments had really come through, and it was so foggy and cold and everyone was in bed. But we just thought to pass by for a previous contact, and they happened to be home, and the couple is just so nice. They let us in, and we were thinking 'oh, these are going to be the best investigators ever!' and then we saw a baptism picture of her daughter, and thought 'ah even better!' Then Jenni (the mom) said that she had gotten baptized 30 years ago and then we started getting really excited that we could help her husband be baptized.... and then Nelson (the husband) started crying... and he said that he had served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and that he had been waiting and waiting for us to come and visit them. He was also a branch president, and I just couldn't belive that these cute, successful, humble people had gone so inactive. I was so happy that the Lord brought us to their door, and that we were able to help them feel of His love. It was a whole lot more fantastic and special than it sounds as I'm typing it, but that's ok. 

also, if Yoda were real, he would be a member. 'do or do not, there is no try,' is a true statement. 

 There is a lot of work to do in this area. We got a new ward mission leader yesterday, and we are so excited to work with him! Our other one was awesome, but he's still the assistant and that will be great to keep working with them both. and my comp and I get to speak next week, so that will be good. 

We have a great family home evening planned for today with all the recent converts, and we are really hoping it will help keep them active. There is nothing sadder than someone going back on a covenant... you just can't be really happy that way.

I love you all so much! Thank you for all the prayers and support. I am so grateful. Everyday we should think, 'if the missionaries asked me who they could visit and teach today, who would I tell them to visit?' Just food for thought. How much do we really share the gospel every day? 

I am so proud of you all! And Happy birthday again to my cute Taylee baby this week! xoxoxoxoxo

Love Hermana Coray
2 Attachments

No comments:

Post a Comment